Monday, May 14, 2012

First day of Training

Hello lovely blog followers!

I began training today for the search room I'll be working on finally. I learned a lot about Spectrum, which is a method of cataloging that we will be incorporating into our work in some ways. I took a few pictures of the different forms we will be taking a look at this week, and I will post them here so you can take a look yourselves. Next week we will be working on e-Hive, which is an online..database tool? Today we literally went over all the aspects one must consider when cataloging items/documents/photographs, and as well, the aspects to take into consideration as far as documentation of a collection goes, and the reasons why collections should be documented, and how they should be documented. We also talked about the process of loaning items out between museums, how that should be documented and monitored, and a lot of other important aspects of collections management. I'll also include the pictures of our walk up the nature reserve yesterday here, so you can see the landscape that I'm surrounded by. There are also pictures of my room at the hostel so you can see that as well. They're not very exciting as my room is pretty basic, but nonetheless, interesting I suppose just to see where I'm actually staying for the duration of my internship. The sun is finally out today, so thank goodness for that. It's still freezing, but as long as the sun is out, I'm happy. I will be blogging daily from now on, so make sure you continue to follow me! Hope you enjoy the pictures! Stay tuned lovelies!
Until tomorrow, Catherine


































No comments:

Post a Comment