Friday, April 27, 2012

Thirteen days

There are only 13 days until I leave for Scotland. Why am I going to Scotland? Well. I was lucky. And people must like me. I was awarded an all-expenses paid six-week long internship to New Lanark, Scotland, which is a UNESCO World Heritage site. (www.newlanark.org) I will be helping to create a public search room for their collections. My God. A dream come true for me. Truly. The idea that I will be working at a WORLD HERITAGE SITE, being a history/anthropology major with aspirations of being a historical archaeologist, still blows my mind and I was told the news two months ago. I can honestly say that had it not been for my wonderful boyfriend who told me I'd be nuts not to apply for the internship, I don't know that I would have had the courage on my own. But now here I am. A mere 13 days away. Thirteen. I can't believe it. For the past two months, everything has seemed sublimely dull in comparison to this impending adventure I'll be going on. It's been torture. Really. I'm DYING of anticipation. I started researching Scotland before I'd even APPLIED for the internship. That's how much I want to go. I am even excited to pack! Packing means the time is close, usually for me the night before, and I will pack like I have never packed before! SO excited. Can't even describe how excited I am. Thirteen days people. THIRTEEN. I will be blogging throughout my entire trip about everything I am doing and all the awesome places I visit. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment