Sunday, April 29, 2012

London!

Hello lovely blog-followers.
I'm in the library, it's finals week, and there are 11 days separating me and my Scotland Adventure. Clearly, I am not at all focused on finals. My professor, who is accompanying me to New Lanark for 10 days to help with the public search room project, is also going to London with me on May 17th. She messaged me via Facebook today to let me know that flights and hotels have been booked for our day trip to London and side trip to Glasgow. I am EXTREMELY excited. We plan to visit the British Museum, so expect to see tons upon tons of pictures from that, as well as some pictures from whatever other site we visit. Personally, I'm hoping for the Tower of London. I am DYING to see where Anne Boleyn was beheaded, and possibly see where she's buried. As well, I want to stand where the great Henry VIII once stood, to be in the presence of a greatness that is so absolute and that was such a catalyst for change. Needless to say, I'm excited, if you can't tell. Stay tuned my lovelies. Okay. Back to reality, and unfortunately, finals. 11 days people. Eleven days.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new background! Makes me so excited for you, yet also sad at the same time :(. I'm so proud that you accomplished so much for this internship and I can't think of a better person to complete this journey. For anyone reading this, if you don't know Catherine, then you should! She is always talking about history this and archaeology that and she is truly the best person for this internship! I will miss her dearly, but I have to spend an entire summer without her so I guess I'll just have to see the pictures!
    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that comment ^^ :) She's the best friend in the world!

    ReplyDelete